The nice people at big fish sent us some Kallo rice and corn cakes for us to review.
We tend to opt for crackers and bread instead of rice or corn cakes so were keen to give these a try. Kallo make a variety of savoury plain rice and corn cakes as well as some fabulous flavoured ones such as smoked paprika, seal salt and balsamic. These round rice cakes make a nice change from ordinary crackers and bread. They are crispy and airy, and at 3½ inches in diameter are a great base for spreads, dips and salads.
We enjoyed these rice and corn cakes loaded with a variety of toppings for a quick lunch. Chicken liver pate, smoked salmon and cream cheese, cheese and chutney, coronation chicken, roasted beetroot pate with goats cheese. We found that neither the plain or flavoured cakes competed with the flavour of our topping but were either a nice neutral host or the perfect compliment for it.
All of the rice and corn cakes are low in calories, contain no artificial colours, flavours or preservatives. Gone are the days of associating rice cakes with calorie-counting and diet-obsessing, you really can have your cake and eat it. Many are vegetarian, vegan, coeliac friendly and gluten free. The packaging and website clearly indicates the dietary fit for each product.
So taken were we with these Kallo cakes we asked big fish if they’d give us a second hamper to give away. Being the lovely people they are, they said yes. So you lucky people here’s the details of what you have to do to be in with a chance of winning this fantastic hamper containing*:-
- Lightly salted rice cakes
- Organic unsalted rice cakes
- Organic lightly salted rice cakes
- Organic sesame seed rice cakes
- Corn cakes
- Sea salt & balsamic rice & corn cakes
- Blueberry & vanilla rice & corn cakes
- Belgian milk chocolate rice cake thins x2
- Belgian dark chocolate rice cake thins x2
- Organic garlic & herb stock cubes
- Organic tomato & herb stock cubes
- Organic chicken stock cubes
- Organic vegetable stock cubes
The approximate cost of this gift in stores would be £20.00
*Contents may vary slightly.
So to be in with a chance of winning simply leave us a comment below telling us what topping you’d put on what Kallo product for a tasty snack. You can increase your chances of winning by liking the Corpulent Capers Facebook page and/or following me (@gomezadams) on Twitter. Good Luck
- The deadline for entries is 23:59 BST Sunday 5th October 2014.
- The competition is open to U.K. mainland residents only, sorry.
- The winners will be selected from all valid entries.
- The editors decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- The prize is one Kallo Rice & Corn Cake Hamper, as detailed above, and includes free delivery anywhere in mainland UK. (Contents may vary)
- The prize cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- The prize is offered and provided by Big Fish Design Limited.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Corpulent Capers accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- One main entry per person only.
- Entrants must provide a valid email address for contacting the winner.
- By entering you agree to join our mailing list. You may unsubscribe at any time and we will never pass your details to any other party. Your privacy is very important to us.
- The winners will be notified by email. If no response is received within 3 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.