The fine folks at Abra-Ca-Debora contacted me to see if I would like to try a new product they have launched, their Diddy Dutch Pancakes. These mini pancakes are about the size of a 50p piece. And when I first saw them I thought, these would make a perfect after school snack for kids.
The instructions on the bag say to heat for 30 seconds in a microwave and eat as is or dip them in some melted chocolate and sprinkle with nuts.
Well today I was in the mood for elevenses and I thought to myself, “hmm what can I do with these Diddy Dutch Pancakes?”. Of course tapping into my American roots, I made a little dipping sauce by nuking some butter, maple syrup and golden plum jam in a small bowl. I then made a cup of tea and heated the pancakes. I tried one right out of the bag and I must say, I had to hold myself back so that these little gems made it onto the plate or into the photos
The pancakes are puffy and light and utterly moreish, and were so scrummy with my fast dipping sauce.
To heck with the kids, eat them yourself!
The nice people at Big Fish, Abra-Ca-Debra’s PR Company have promised me another 5 bags of these delicious treats to give away to 5 readers of this blog (don’t worry dear readers I will not enter and try to win).
HOW TO ENTER
Simply leave a comment below, telling us what you would most like to dip your Diddy Dutch Pancakes in.
RULES & DETAILS
- The deadline for entries is midnight GMT Saturday 13th July 2013.
- The competition is open to U.K. residents only, sorry.
- The winners will be selected from all valid entries.
- The editors decison is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- Entry instructions form part of the terms and conditions.
- The prize is one packet of Abra-Ca-Debora Diddy Dutch Pancakes, as shown above, and includes free delivery anywhere in the UK.
- The prize cannot be redeemed for a cash value.
- The prize is offered and provided by Big Fish Design Limited.
- Where prizes are to be provided by a third party, Corpulent Capers accepts no responsibility for the acts or defaults of that third party.
- One blog entry per person only.
- Blog comment entries must provide a valid email address for contacting the winner.
- The winners will be notified by email. If no response is received within 7 days of notification, the prize will be forfeit and a new winner will be picked and contacted.
Corpulent Capers received review samples from Big Fish.
This competition is now closed and winners have been notified.
ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions